CEMEX UK Nominated For Government CSR Award
Rugby MP Mark Pawsey nominated CEMEX for the National Responsible Business Champion Award, an annual recognition organised by the All Party Corporate Responsibility Group.
While we didn’t win, it was great to be recognised for the work CEMEX do in the local Rugby community, particularly with schoolchildren. Well done to the Rugby team for all their work over the years.
The winner was announced at a reception at Portcullis House in Westminster on 16th July. Kelly Tolhurst MP, the Minister for Small Business, Consumers and Corporate Responsibility was the key guest speaker. Pictured are Harriett Turner, CSR Manager UK, Rugby MP Mark Pawsey and Baroness Greengross OBE, who is co-chair of the group.
The criteria for the awards were:
- engaging with stakeholders to support the local community
- investing in healthy workplaces
- offering apprenticeships and training
- promoting diversity & inclusion in the workplace
- working to reduce their environmental impact
- working with suppliers & SMEs to support responsible business practice