Last week saw the kick-off meeting for 30 people charged with leading the deployment of CEMEX Go in the UK over the next few months.
Starting with an introductory video from Michel Andre, the team were reminded by Stuart Keighley, CEMEX Go Leader, why CEMEX is taking the strategic step to become a digital solutions provider. Our colleagues in Mexico and USA are already live on their systems, which will be followed by Colombia in March and UK in early April.
We saw a demonstration of how CEMEX Go will look and feel to our customers, and there was more detail on the 8-track deployment plan:
- Communications and Marketing – including Web registration, Help Line and Social Media.
- Organisation, Training and Culture – digital response, training internal, external and customers, change management.
- Business Policies and Processes – internal matters.
- Customer Information and Master Data – as will be impacting our customers such as contracts and job sites.
- Deployment Plan – task sequence, resource planning in addition to product release/readiness.
- End to End Support – including UK Digital Support Team, Helpline and P&IT, End User, Registration and Adoption.
- Customer Registration and Adoption – targets for Registration only with adoption measured as KPI.
- Third Party Haulier Adoption – includes changes to existing Vendor contracts, Readymix IHCs and External Haulier Fleet.
Jill Delaney explained the need for consideration of individuals’ DISC profiles in the implementation of this new change to our business, and Jamie Pickles focused on the need for very clear and consistent employee communications throughout the project.
Finally Carl Platt, VP Cement Commercial and Building Products, joined the meeting to add his comments and encouragement to the team, saying he could “feel the energy in the room!!”