As you can see the CEMEX and MVB team were quite happy to get the concrete society award for the Lee Tunnel project last week!
The main award criteria focused on the technical complexities of the concrete specified, designed and supplied; the innovative construction methods employed as well as the benefits to the community.
A reminder of some of the headlines from the contract:
- Two dedicated on site plants; with back up supplies from Stepney and Canning Town
- Over 220,00m 3 supplied in total
- Deepest D walls ever constructed in UK
- Steel fibre reinforced slipform pours of over 10,000m 3
- Secondary lining concretes with 6 hour consistence retention, trafficked over 7Km through the tunnel
- 37,000 truck movements
- Base pours of over 3,000m 3 using 55% pfa to reduce heat of hydration
- 500 tonnes of steel fibre reinforced concrete supplied
- Self-compacting concretes for annulus
There are simply too many people who were 100% committed in making this contract a success to begin naming them, but a massive congratulations to everyone who was involved.