The 2017 Apprentice Driver Scheme has opened and we are looking for 18 DGV Apprentices in various locations to support our UK business.
- 12 Aggregate Tipper DGV Apprentices (2 x Dove Holes Quarry, 1 x Shap Quarry, 1 x Divet Hill Quarry, 1 x Selby Depot, 1 x Bradwell Quarry, 1 x Flixton Quarry, 1 x Angerstein Wharf, 1 x Datchet Quarry, 1 x Birmingham Depot, 1 x Lincoln Depot and 1 x Wickwar Quarry)
- and 6 x Cement Tanker DGV Apprentices: 3 within Cement Tanker DGV Apprentices
(3 x Rugby Cement Plant, 2 x South Ferriby Cement Plant, 1 x Tilbury Cement Terminal)
Do you know anyone who might be interested? If so, please go to the cemex.co.uk website: http://www.cemex.co.uk/driving-apprenticeship-scheme.aspx
and apply via the apprentice scheme page. Applications are open for three weeks from this Monday (20th February) so make sure you send to anyone you think might want to start a career with CEMEX as soon as possible. Here’s a summary of what applicants would need:
What CEMEX asks of you…
• to hold a category B car driving licence, clean of penalty points
• to have a good level of Maths & English, preferably GCSE level A-C
• be proficient in information technology
• and understand the importance of work placed Health & Safety and Customer Service
…and what you can expect in return
To keep our side of the bargain we make sure our Apprentices receive:-
• comprehensive training throughout the programme
• a benefits package that’s second to none; a starting salary of £14,000 per year, 23 days holiday and pension scheme
• a real commitment of full time LGV Driving job within our Logistics Team at the end of the programme
Academic achievement isn’t all were looking for – your maturity, dedication and attitude are also important. It’s certainly a challenge but if you’re ready to learn and can prove to us that you can work as effectively within a Team as you can on your own, you’re probably well on the way to an exciting opportunity with us.
To apply please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see the poster in the download section of the website for more information.