Equally brilliant, thanks go to the following for their efforts above and beyond to keep our business running smoothly for our customers. A company is only as good as the actions of its individuals and this goes to show that we have some great individuals working together to make a great company:
- Neil Chapel, IHC Readymix Northern, Barnsley. Half way through a pour the ram came off the aggregate weigh hopper door. The Team contacted a fitter but he was over an hour away. Rather than delay the pour Neil, an ex-fitter, asked if he could have a look. After taking the appropriate safety precautions Neil was able to complete a temporary fix and the plant was up within 20 minutes, minimising the delay to the customer.
- Mark Heaney, Site Manager, RMX Preston. The Preston site has been running short staffed for the past three months. A member of staff was due his holiday which would have meant closing the Plant for a couple of days. Rather than do this Mark took it upon himself to learn how to use the plant from his colleague and delayed his own time off so the Plant didn’t need to close.
- Phil Repton and the Salford Asphalt Plant Team. Who had an electrical problem with the plant on a night time job. They managed to get the electrical fitter out of bed and repair the plant. The Team still managed to supply the material for the main Liverpool commuter road in time.
- Stourton Asphalt Team. Who managed to complete their new dryer re-fit 6 days ahead of schedule thereby keeping customers happy as they opened ahead of time. Thanks to the Team who are: Steve Haigh, Paul Carey, Steve Smith, Jonathan Balaban, Kevin Mooney and Brett Haigh.
- Roger Taylor, Marcus Bedford, Simon Dyson, Martyn Robinson, Mick Howard (Contractor), Matt Wright and Mick Hix (see pic) from Readymix in Castleford who gave up their Saturday to re-lay part of the yard at Castleford. The yard was in a bad way and was breaking up making it unsafe to use. Thank you to the Team for taking the time and stepping in to fix it.