The Mineral Products Association (MPA) has published its Sustainable Development (SD) Summary Data for 2017 which covers a range of data from 2016. Following the launch of the MPA Charter in 2017, the data is now aligned with MPA’s 7 main strategic priorities and the corresponding objectives and targets.
Key data includes:
- Recycled and secondary materials accounted for 29% of the GB Aggregates market.
- Carbon dioxide emissions per tonne of Cement production fell by 2%. CO2 emissions increased for Aggregates and Asphalt production and declined for Readymixed Concrete.
- MPA recorded the creation of 6,000 hectares of priority habitat to date with a further 8,700 hectares of priority habitat creation planned.
- Around 30 million tonnes of Aggregates were delivered by rail and water transport.
- The average road delivery distance for Aggregates was 30.1 miles.