Firefighters from over Bedfordshire turned up late on Friday night to tackle a blaze at our Bedford Offices.
Wearing breathing equipment because of the toxic fumes the blaze took some time to get under control. It’s left Cluster 15 feeling homeless although arrangements have quickly been put into place to regain production from the adjacent plant and organise temporary facilities for our staff based there.
Stuart Keighley, Regional Director, commented: “Thankfully on this occasion staff had finished and gone home, however, let’s not forget the immediate danger of fire and smoke and how quickly they spread. That’s why we take Office Safety Briefings seriously and make sure everyone knows where emergency exits are and where to meet if evacuation is necessary. It’s a sorry sight at Bedford this morning! (The exact cause is yet to be established but seems most likely electrical fault in roof space cabling).”