Health & Safety

Health & Safety

Watch Out For Phone Chargers

Following on from last week’s incident when a charging battery exploded, there is a Safety Alert for you all to read and discuss at work.  The need for care with battery chargers, both at home and at work, cannot be stressed too strongly.

In a recent conversation between Andy Taylor and one of our Managers, he explained how a mobile phone left charging on a bed overheated and caused an extensive fire in his home; he and his family were out of their house for five months as a result.  Please discuss the Alert and Fire Extinguisher Advice with your teams and display the information on relevant noticeboards (see the UK news download section for the Safety Alert and Fire Extinguisher Advice).